University of Missouri (2006-2010) – Bachelor of Journalism
- Videography: Canon & Nikon DSLRs, professional Sony cameras, Marantz recorders, Sennheiser & Audio Technica microphones, miscellaneous consumer cameras and recorders
- Video Editing: Non-linear editing systems (see Technical)
- Photography: Canon & Nikon DSLRs, smartphone shooting for social media
- Writing: Articles, broadcast scripts, blog posts, marketing copy
- Social Media: Produce media and customize content for different social media sites
- Video: Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro 7, Avid Media Composer
- Image: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge
- Sound: Adobe Audition, Audacity
- Web: Dreamweaver, TextWrangler, WordPress
- Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs
- Coding: some HTML, some CSS
Brass Engine Productions
- Lead film editor (and some videography) on short films, webseries episodes, and event videos.
- Assistant director and script supervisor experience. Created and kept track of shotlists, scripts, and actors for the director.
- Social media manager for the group on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and other sites. I create content and engage with over 12,000 followers across multiple platforms.
- Event photography for conventions and concerts. Official photographer for Skepticon.
- Video editing for production companies in the Midwest.
Select Brands, Inc. (small appliances manufacturer)
August 2015-January 2017
- Managed the Amazon account: doubled sales from the previous year from $1 million to $2 million through expanded catalog offerings and Amazon marketing campaigns.
- Expanded our catalog offerings: In order to comply with Amazon’s requirements for adding items to our catalog, I compiled product information for each item from various databases, measured and weighed each item, and if necessary took photos of them. I also wrote marketing blurbs for product descriptions.
Indiana Public Media (NPR & PBS affiliates)
September 2013-June 2014
- Reported, produced, and edited video news stories for broadcast on WTIU. These were featured weekly as lead stories on Indiana Newsdesk. Topics ranged from HPV vaccines, to same-sex marriage, to school shootings.
- Reported and produced radio news stories for broadcast on WFIU during Morning Edition and All Things Considered.
- Anchored local newscasts during All Things Considered.
- Posted and maintained news stories online through WordPress.
Missouri Governor’s Office of Communications
Jefferson City, Missouri
May 2010-August 2013
- Created and edited videos, photos, blog posts, and social media posts for the governor, MO.gov, and various state departments.
- I reported, shot and edited each video project. Topics ranged from record-breaking soybean farmers, to the governor’s press conferences, to foster dogs in prisons. I shot extensively in the field, but also shot in our in-house production studio, including green screen work.
- Helped manage MO.gov social media campaigns, such as #100MoMiles and MoGov Minute.
- Wrote online copy for specialized websites such as Storm Aware and the Joplin Tornado Challenge.
University of Missouri College of Engineering
May 2009-May 2010
- Shot and edited videos and photos for the College of Engineering website.
- Shot and edited videos and photos for student competition teams, including formula car, concrete canoe, steel bridge, and hydrogen car.
- Reported articles for Mizzou Engineer magazine.
- Wrote and edited copy on engineering department web pages.
KBIA (NPR affiliate)
August 2008-May 2010
- Reported and produced radio stories for daily newscasts.
- Advised and edited underclassmen’s radio stories.
- Audio board and camera operator for Views of the News, a weekly 30-minute webcast.
The Missourian (city newspaper)
- Designed and produced infographics in Adobe Illustrator for publication in the paper. Infographics included maps, graphs, and scientific diagrams.
Olympic News Service
- Flash quotes reporter – I interviewed athletes immediately after their events for the wire service.
- English-speaking media liaison for news photographers covering the Olympics.